|Duncan Venison Bistro Fillet||300-400 grams|
|Wholegrain mustard||2 teaspoon|
|Salt & cracked pepper|
|Smoky bacon rashers||2|
|Fresh watercress, rocket & mixed salad greens||Large hand|
|Radishes, cut into thin slices||4|
|Fresh walnut halves||1 handful|
|Kikorangi Blue Cheese||80 grams|
- Remove the Duncan Venison Bistro Fillet from its packaging, and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Season with salt and plenty of cracked pepper and place on a hot BBQ or pan brushed with oil.
- Sear until nicely brown, then remove off the direct heat to the side of the hotplate, OR place in 160ºC oven for 6 - 7 mins. Rest and cool then slice each into 3mm thick slices, across the grain.
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp raspberry balsamic vinegar
- 4 tbsp walnut oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper
- Whisk the vinegar with mustard, add the oil slowly until well blended, then add the remaining ingredients. Whisk all together.
- Cut bacon into thin match sticks and fry on the same hot plate or pan until crispy.
- Core and slice pears top to bottom into 1/8ths. Grill on same hot plate or pan until lightly coloured.
Crispy fried parsnip peels (optional)
- Peel a parsnip lengthwise with a vegetable peeler.
- Heat approx 2cm of oil in a pan until bubbles are just rising (not boiling). Carefully drop parsnip peels into oil (they should fizz and bubble) for approx 1 - 2 mins, until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- Lay the slices of Bistro Fillet with salad, radishes and pears on a platter, crumble on the blue cheese and drizzle with the dressing immediately before serving.
- Garnish with crispy fried parsnip peels.